REVISED REQUIREMENTS FOR IMPORTER EXPORTER CODE (IEC) APPLICATION w.e.f. 29-01-2016
As a trade friendly measure and to remove the difficulty faced by the industry in applying for the Importer Exporter Code (IEC), the Central Government has made amendments to the process of allotment of of Importer-Exporter Code (IEC) through its Notification No. 34 /2015-2020 New Delhi, Dated: 29 January, 2016 in existing para 2.05 (c) of Foreign Trade Policy(2015-20) and introduces a new provision, part (d) under para 2.05. The existing para reads as under: 2.05.
(A) As per the amended para 2.05 only following documents are required to be uploaded along with the IEC Application Form:-
(1) Digital photograph of the signatory applicant;
(2) Copy of the PAN card of the business entity in whose name Import/Export would be done (Applicant individual in case of Proprietorship firms);
(3) Cancelled cheque bearing entity’s pre-printed name or Bank certificate in prescribed format ANF-2A (I)
(B) Further a new insertion, part (d) under Para 2.05 has prescribed as below:-
(d) Only online application for IEC /modification in IEC can be made by applicants through digital signature (Class-II or Class-III) with effect from 1.4.2016.
(C) The Fees for application of Import Export Code (IEC) remains the same as below:-
- New Application – Rs. 500/-
- Amendment in IEC – Rs. 200/-
For any further query or support in this matter, you can send a request on firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the query section of www.ritulpatwa.com.