WORKS CONTRACT TAX IN RAJASTHAN FOR F. Y. 2015-16

Posted By on June 22, 2015

The Government of Rajasthan has done major changes in the Works Contract Tax payable in the state of Rajasthan for the F. Y. 2015-16. We are noting below the summary of the Methods for calculation of the WCT Liability on the Contractor and the TDS liability on the Awarder of Works Contract:-

WCT 1 WCT 2 WCT 3 WCT 4 WCT 5

This article has 8 comments

  1. SIr,
    we received a contract of Rs. 2000000. In this contract material portion is 60% and the rest 40% is for service. Now my doubt is, how will we calculate WCT on this ??
    2000000 is gross amount.
    Vat rate is 5% and service tax is 14%.
    WCT is 6%.
    WCT will be calculated on the amount after charging VAT and service tax???

    Reply
  2. Sir,
    We awarded a work for construction of bridges
    earth work in Railway in the State of Rajasthan.

    Please lets know about rate of VAT and service charges if any on works contract in Rajasthan.
    Regards
    B L PODDAR

    Reply
    • Dear Mr. Poddar,

      You will have to comply with (a) Works Contract Tax and (b) Service Tax.

      Please visit our office with specific contract details for identifying your Tax Liability and compliance requirements.

      Reply
  3. Dear Sir,

    I wanted to understand whether can we pay WCT TDS via online.

    If so please let us know the procedure.

    Thanks in advance

    Harish

    Reply

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

DISCLAIMER

The Views expressed on this blog are strictly personal and for knowledge of our clients only. The contents of this blog are solely for informational purpose and it does not constitute any professional advice or recommendation. The laws related to GST and other taxes are under evolution and subject to constant changes and amendments over time. It is suggested to take specific legal advice and necessary due diligence before relying on the contents and information of this Blog. The authors of this blog, does not accept any liabilities for any loss or damage of any kind arising out of information on this blog and for any actions taken in reliance thereon.